Docker is a powerful tool, it's changing the way we do development and operations.
Join The Party !!!
Painless Docker is a complete and detailed guide to master Docker and a great part of its ecosystem.
You will be guided step by step from the simple basic concepts to the advanced powerful features in order to master Docker and microServices from development to production using a variety of technologies:
Full of Lessons & Bonuses
- Introduction To Docker & Containers
- Installation & Configuration
- Basic Concepts
- Advanced Concepts
- Working With Docker Images
- Working With Docker Containers
- Working With Docker Machine
- Docker Networking
- Composing Services Using Compose
- Docker Logging
- Docker Debugging And Troubleshooting
- Orchestration - Swarm
- Orchestration - Kubernetes
- Orchestration - Rancher/Cattle
- Docker API
- Docker Security
- Docker, Containerd & Standalone Runtimes Architecture
- Architecting A Multi-Cloud, Highly Available, Scalable & Distributed Wordpress Using Docker, Docker Swarm, Traefik & GlusterFS
- Building A Near Real Time Event-Driven System Using Docker, Python, Amazon SNS & SQS
- Creating a Serverless System using Docker Containers using SaltStack, Boto3 & CloudInit on AWS
- Prototyping a Parallel Computing Cluster Using Docker & Python on AWS
- Discovering Alibaba Cloud — Deploying a Wordpress Cluster Using The Container Service
- Source Code
- Definitive Docker Cheat Sheet
The 5 Philosophies Powering This Course
A Comprehensive Guide
From the history of containers, installation, configuration, basic concepts, advanced concepts (seccomp, Linux Capabilities, Linux Namespaces, Apparmor ..etc), to building, running and orchestrating Docker containers & services.
Use Case Driven
All of the provided examples are tested and taken from the real world. The goal of this course is not just providing a documentation to Docker but learning how to use Docker in complex real world use cases
Best Practices Driven
Trough this course you will be warned about the best practices and the things that you should & should not do. Painless Docker has a bottom-up approach to implementing best practices while learning.
"The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity" ~ Douglas Horton. Docker ecosystem may be complex but we tried to simply approach the whole bloc part by part without falling in useless complications.
The book was written using a lean approach. The main idea behind this course is providing a content of good quality about Docker since readers have participated by sharing their suggestions to ameliorate the content before the last version has been released
Docker in Development, Production Environments and the DevOps Pipeline Between
Painless Docker is a practical guide to master Docker and its ecosystem based on real world examples.
Painless Docker tends to be a complete and detailed guide to create, deploy, optimize, secure, trace, debug, log, orchestrate & monitor Docker and Docker clusters.
Through this course you will learn how to use Docker in development and production environments and the DevOps pipeline between them in order to build a modern microservices applications.
The 10 Most Important Things You’ll Learn
Painless Docker will teach you many things but these are some of the important things you will find in this course.
What Readers Say
Content wise this is the best book I had come across.
I'v been using docker ecosystem for 1 year or so.
I had tried to refer to various documentations available and purchased courses on Udemy, Linux Foundation as well but none of them is as comprehensive ,hands-on, practical use-case driven which this book covers.
I will surely refer this to professionals working in area of SDN,NFV and using docker on a daily basis.
What Readers Say
Helped me to finish few projects based on Docker.
I am sure that my colleges, whom I recommend your book, would be interested as well.
Thank you Aymen!